Run Out Calculator
This calculator may not be pretty but neither is running out of money! This simple calculator shows you how long your money will last making monthly withdrawals.
1. Enter your “savings balance”. This is usually one or more investment accounts. Most people refer to this as retirement savings.
2. Enter the amount you plan to withdraw from the account each month to live. This is based using withdrawing a percent of retirement savings each year that’s adjusted for inflation annually.
3. Enter the amount of inflation you think will occur when you’re in retirement.
4. Enter the investment return you think you’ll be able to earn in retirement. This is one of the biggest unknowns in retirement planning.
5. Enter the Federal tax bracket you think you’ll be in after you retire.
If you need some help, click here to see my How to Retire When You Want and Fund Your Desired Lifestyle Course.